if you are looking for Medialink router Support for Free Medialink Router Setup then you are in the right place.
Medialink is a well-known name in the field of Routers. it is known for its quality products and services. but when you purchase a new router it requires some basic tech knowledge for your new Medialink router setup.
Why Medialink Router Support Needed?
Generally, peoples faces some common problem when they purchased new Medialink router that’s why they need Medialink Router Support mentioned below.
- Medialink router setup
- How do I reset my Medialink router
- how do I update my Medialink router firmware
Read Also: how to fix Linksys router is blinking
Medialink router setup
it is a primary reason thats why people is looking for Medialink Router Support but after reading this post yo dont need any support from anywhere. You need to login to the router web interface configuring the Medialink router Wireless setting.
To know the way to login to Medialink router follow the steps mentioned below.
- The Medialink router features a web interface for configuration. you’ll use any browser for login to the Medialink router.
- Put the router IP Address of your Medialink router within the Address Bar of the browser then press the Enter key on your keyboard. Afterward, you’ll see a panel asking you for the Medialink router’s username and password. you would like to understand the username and password to login to your MediaLink router.
- The default username and password for the router is admin and admin. you can also find a user name and password in the backside of your router.
- If Medialink router’s home screen pops up then congratulations you’re now logged in to the router and are able to follow other steps.
Now click on the choice of WLAN Settings on the left side of the page then there under choose the essential Settings option.
- Change the Wi-Fi settings of the Medialink router.
- Firstly check the Enable Wireless box and secondly, you would like to vary the SSID. this is often the identification name for your network. we recommend avoiding personal information.
- The next thing that must be changed is named the Channel. For the smallest amount of interference, you would like to use channels 1, 6, or 11 and that’s it for this page now click on the Apply button. Afterward, return to the left side of the page and click on Security Settings.
- Use the safety Mode sink list to settle on the choice of WPA2-Personal.
- Now search for the WPA Algorithms and for the utmost encryption choose AES and thereunder you would like to enter a Pass Phrase. this is often the password you employ to permit access to your network. This password should be as strong as you’ll reserve it from hackers. Create a password of a minimum of 14-20 characters using letters, numbers, and symbols, and don’t forget to click the blue Apply button to save lots of your changes.
How do I reset my Medialink router?
This is the second reason for Medialink Router Support. if you want Reset Medialink router to factory defaults setting. you may do it very without difficulty without any hard work reset your far-flung wifi router. you have to reset your wi-fi router to the manufacturing unit default settings on the far-flung possibility that you have forgotten your router customer name or secret word. moreover, you must restart your machine in case your router does no longer work nicely.
To reset the router to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
- Turn on your Medialink router
- Press Factory Reset button in the backside of your router and hold for at least 20 seconds.
- Now you see your router restarts automatically
- Router settings have been restored.
Once the power light of the router stops blinking, the Router has been reset and is ready to use. Resetting the router does not change the firmware to an earlier version, but it will change all router settings back to factory defaults.
How do I update my router firmware?
According to us, this is the last reason why people are looking for Medialink Router Support to update your router firmware you need router’s IP address, which you will easily found in the backside of your router. you’ll use it to log in to your router and update its firmware. To update your router firmware, do the following:
- Connect to your router using the Lan cable usually come with the router. This step isn’t mandatory, but it’s highly recommended to determine a stable reference to your router so as to avoid causing any damage during the update process.
- Open your browser whichever browser you use like chrome. In the address bar enter the IP address of your router.
- Now you’ll be asked to enter a username and password. you’ll find the login information in your router’s manual. you’ll also find the login information for your router online from third-party sources.
- Once you log in, you would like to locate the Firmware or Router Upgrade option. Usually, you’ll find this feature in Administration, Utilities, or Maintenance section. confine mind that the situation of this feature can vary counting on the router model.
- Once you find this section, you ought to see the present version of your firmware also as its release date.
- Now you would like to go to your router manufacturer’s website and navigate to the Support section. find your router model and check if Your router firmware updates are available. If so, make certain to download them. Some routers have a built-in option that will take you on to the manufacturer’s website and permit you to download firmware updates for your router.
- After you download a router update, extract it to your Desktop or the other folder on your PC.
- Look In the Update section of your router Login Page, there should be a Browse or Choose File option available there. Click the Browse option and locate the router update file on your PC. Select the firmware file by double-clicking it. After choosing the firmware update file, start the upgrade process.
- Wait for the method to end. confine mind that the update process can take a couple of minutes, so make certain to attend patiently and not interrupt the method. Interrupting the upgrade process will damage to your router, so use extra caution during updation.
When the update process is complete, your router will restart and you’ll have the new router firmware installed.
If still your router is not working you can find some new and latest router on amazon.
After reading this post we hope you don’t need any type of Medialink Router Support to setup your Medialink router at home. If this post “Medialink Router Support” is useful for you or if you have any query please let us know in the comment section!